Monday, March 3, 2008

Getting Started!

This is my first blog entry, so I want to introduce myself. I'm a 30 year old mom with a 5 year old daughter who is currently on a gluten-free diet. She's not a Celiac, but has shown a marked improvement in her behavior since starting on the diet back in mid-October 2007. My husband and I are semi-gluten-free, meaning that we often eat a gluten-free dinner together as a family, but breakfasts and lunches are sometimes not gluten-free.

One of the most rewarding things I have heard from my daughter is this phrase: "Mommy, I'm glad that I'm on a gluten-free diet. I feel so much happier!"

On our quest to be gluten-free, I've made some modifications to our diet, but for the most part, I've been able to keep our meals the same, with some minor substitutions of ingredients that just don't make a huge difference in the taste.

My goal is to post some recipes that we currently use, as well as recipes that I come across that are fairly easy to modify.

I hope that I can help even one person to add a new meal or two to their repertoire that are healthy, tasty, and easy to make.

No comments: