Wednesday, June 29, 2011
*3-4 medium sized red potatoes, cleaned and thinly sliced.
*2TBSP corn starch
*2/3 tsp salt
*Pepper to taste
*1 cup milk
* 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Cook potatoes in large saucepan until tender. Drain.
2. Melt butter in small saucepan. Add corn starch, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. Add milk and 1 cup cheese. Stir continuously over medium-low heat until sauce thickens.
3. Pour cheese mixture over potatoes and stir to coat potatoes.
4. Pour into greased casserole dish or 11x7 baking pan.
5. Bake in oven at 350-degrees for 20-25 minutes.
**Makes about 4 servings.
Friday, June 10, 2011
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken broth
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips.
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
4 TBSP olive oil
1 zucchini, diced
1 tomato, diced (I used a can of diced tomatoes, rinsed and drained, since I didn't have any fresh tomatoes)
4 oz. feta cheese
1-2 tsp. basil
1. Rinse quinoa and place in small saucepan with chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then simmer until all liquid has been absorbed.
2. On med-high, saute onion and garlic in 2TBSP olive oil until onion is translucent. Add chicken and cook most of the way through.
3. Remove chicken from pan, add 2TBSP olive oil, tomatoes, and zucchini. Cook until zucchini is tender. Add chicken back to pan. Add feta cheese and basil. Let flavors mix for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Serve over quinoa.
This is very yummy, very flavorful, and isn't heavy at all.