1 1/2 pounds broccoli, fresh
2 cups water
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cornstarch, mixed with 1 cup cold water
1 pint half and half
1 pound Velveeta (this IS gluten-free)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Steam or boil broccoli until tender.
2. Place half−and−half and 2 cups water in top of double boiler.
3. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Heat until cheese is melted. Add broccoli.
4. Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl.
5. Stir into cheese mixture in double boiler and heat over simmering water until soup thickens.