4 Quarts Popped popcorn
1 Cup Spanish peanuts
4 Tablespoons Butter
1 Cup Brown sugar
1/2 Cup light Corn syrup
2 Tablespoons Molasses
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Combine popcorn and peanuts in a metal bowl or on a cookie sheet and place in preheated oven.
3. Combine all remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Stirring over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Using a cooking thermometer, bring the mixture to the hard−ball stage (260−275 degrees). This will take about 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Remove the popcorn and peanuts from the oven and, working very quickly, pour the caramel mixture in a fine stream over them. Then place them back in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Mix well every five minutes, so that all of the popcorn is coated.
7. Cool and store in a covered container to preserve freshness.