1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup Pamela's Pancake & Baking Mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3-4 TBSP carob powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder) - I used Chatfield's carob powder
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups confectioner's sugar
3/4 cup melted butter or margarine
4 TBSP peppermint extract (I used Simply Organic)
3-4 drops green food coloring
2 -12oz. bags GF chocolate chips (or white chocolate chips if doing cocoa/chocolate-free)
7 TBSP butter
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Mix sweetened condensed milk and carob/cocoa powder in a small bowl.
3. Mix sugar, butter, eggs, baking mix, carob/cocoa mixture, and vanilla with an electric hand mixer until mixed well.
4. Bake for 33-35 minutes.
5. Once cake portion has cooled, mix confectioner's sugar, melted butter, peppermint extract, and green food coloring.
6. Spread over cooled cake.
7. Put into freezer for about 15 minutes until layer has firmed up.
8. Melt chips and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
9. Spread over mint layer. Chill before cutting and serving.