Here's another light meal that my family enjoyed the other night.
1 head of cabbage
1lb. ground beef
1/3 cup rice, uncooked
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce (Hunts is gluten-free)
1. Cook up the rice; mix with uncooked ground beef.
2. Heat up electric skillet with about 1.5-2 cups of water (to cover the bottom of the pan) to about 350-degrees (or on the stove, in a large skillet, heat up to med-high). Water should be simmering. You may have to replenish the water from time to time as you are cooking the cabbage, since it steams the cabbage and may steam itself dry.
3. Carefully remove each leaf of cabbage, put a couple of spoonfuls of ground beef mixture into the center of the leaf, wrap leaf around the beef mixture, place seam-side down into water. Continue until all beef mixture is used.
4. Cover and cook until internal temperature is 165-degrees and cabbage leaves are soft
5. Serve with warm spaghetti sauce over the top.
***This can be served along with gluten-free bread or gluten-free rolls on the side.