We just finished our 4th of July grilled dinner meal. It was FANTASTIC!
We had a Sirloin steak on the grill, homemade macaroni salad, and corn-on-the-cob grilled beside the steak.
1. Choose a nicely marbled steak (you can ask for assistance at the meat counter).
2. Lightly coat with olive oil.
3. Rub on some Montreal Steak Seasoning (by McCormick) or just rub on some salt and pepper.
4. Grill to 145 degrees.
5. Let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting slices from the meat to allow the juices to distribute evenly.
Corn On The Cob
1. At your grocery store (or veggie stand), check the tops of the corn (pull back the husks slightly) to make sure that the kernels are plump.
2. At home, soak the corn in water while still in the husks.
3. Place on the grill and roast for about 10-15 minutes until husks are blackened and corn inside the husks are hot.
4. Remove husks before eating (I had mine without butter on it...it was plenty sweet and flavorful).
1. Boil 8oz. Tinkyada elbow macaroni until tender, drain and rinse with cool water until macaroni is cold.
2. Boil 2 eggs, remove shells and dice into small pieces
3. Mix 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellmanns is Gluten Free), 1 tsp. yellow Mustard (French's is Gluten-free), 2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper in a small bowl.
4. Mix together macaroni, eggs, and mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle paprika on top and serve.
5. If you prefer to add onion and green pepper, just add about 1/4 cup of each to the mixture. My family just prefers not to have those ingredients in a macaroni salad, so I didn't add them.
It was a nice summer meal that everyone enjoyed!